Saturday, March 26, 2011

Random Thoughts



Random Thoughts_________________________________

“Well planned life is the best life… you need to plan... and stick to the plan… be focused… " 


Little did I know how wrong this path is…

Yesterday was having a conversation with a friend… and he mentioned … “Rashmi... you know what… when I look back to day… the best things that happened to me were the things I never planned… times when I just followed my heart without any planning… like when I wanted to marry my gf… and my parents weren’t agreeing…. One day just went to the temple and got married… its 4 years now… and I still feel that it is the best decision of my life“

So true I thought… At times we just need to let go right... At times just not think way too much…. At times just do what you feel like doing without any reason… At times do things that does not make sense at all but simply because it makes you smile…

Just thought … slowing down is so very important… our plans ask us to run… keep running and miss the little things… The conversation just made me slow down, pause, step back a little and look at my life and say… “ Hmm.. maybe that’s the new shiny knife Ma was talking about”…  Maybe I never focused on the little things… little things that’s important to Ma more than knowing that her daughter just got promoted… 

So many little tiny miny thoughts creeping in my head and telling me “Here we are… the regrets of your life…”… No No…My list of regrets is not way too long… like I don’t regret pushing off the bulky Indian lady off the elevator last week for putting on a very weird Canadian accent ;) … Mann the put on accent… ;)…

:) … I know I am going down the lane of giving Gyaan… but mann I always end up meeting people who make me halt and think… like the other day I was on my way to an Indian grocery store from work… the cab driver turned out to be Indian… he started talking to me about his life… in the 30 mins drive I came to know his entire background… then he dropped us off… while returning  back to the hotel I again called for the cab… guess what… he only landed up again… while going back he mentioned that he is not just a driver… this is his business… and next month he is going back to india … 3 mnths vacations… I was like… lucky dude… who gets a 3 mnth vacations… he looked at me and said these vacations costed him his job… I was puzzled… he continued saying that about a year back he was working in this big firm… suddenly one day he got the news that his mom expired… he asked his bosses for 2 week leave… and they denied it saying that the work load is way too high and he can be given just 4 day leave… he was drowned with responsibilities with his family in Canada… he didn’t have the strength to leave his job… he missed his moms funeral… he said that’s the Biggest “Regret” of his life.. after a month this regret just didn’t let him sleep… one day he walked into his office and resigned and got into this cab business… and now he will never have to ask some boss to give him vacations… he can have it whenever he wants…. And for whatever time he wants…

I thought that some regrets like this is irreversible… “My Hobby-Thinking”… thought what a regret to bear for rest of his life… But he did take a big step of changing his work life all together… some step to cover up for his regret… We may not hold this big a regret… but little little regrets have just piled up way too much I feel…

Like... when was the last time I promised Ma that I wll be back home on time and actually did it… when was the last time I promised my friend that I would be there and just couldn’t make it as some other plan came up… when was the last time I told dad that I love him and I think he is the best dad in the world… when was the last time I told my bro that even though he is the most irritating person I have met and annoying also at the same time but he is the best bro I could ever have… when was the last time I actually spent some Quite time with my Lord just like that, without any demands from Him… and when was the last time I halted and looked into the mirror and tried to search for the girl who always knew what she wanted in life…

Phew…

PS: Oye Kaake… Senti naa ho… Title bol raha hai Chilla Chilla ke… “Random Thoughts”… It takes back to back screening of Himesh Reshamya movies to depress me… its that tuff you see ;)… And those who are already yelling why you had to go through this blog on a Saturday nite… Trust me… you are always fun to have around…;)

Love,
Rashmi

3 comments: