Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Guy Sayz...



One of my friend narated me his love story... Sarcasm being his blessed gift... he did try to make it sound as one... I tried to capture the story from his perspective... Hope you guys love it too :)

PS: Read at your own risk ;)




Guy Sayzz...

It’s been 10 months and 14 days I guess,
When I knelt on the ground with loads of stress,
And she said a ‘Yes’, shocking me somewhere,
Made me believe in miracles right there …


PS: The calculation of the number of days is totally correct. Forgetting such a historical day would have left me dead ;)

A journey across half the globe,
Infinite fights like daily soap (I fought she listened) ;)
Parents melodramatic dialogues, with face red,
God, when they had to contact shehnai walla’s instead…

PS: Many things have changed… Don’t over think… let me define the ‘CHANGE’… ;)

Telephone bills ‘Changed’ by noticeable margin,
To the extend that my mom called this a sin,
Amount of driving ‘Changed’ around the city did grow,
Sight of her house was better view than what Taj Mahal wore;)

PS: Sorry Jahangir or Shanjahan… whoever built it…. ;)

Finally the doubt is cleared if I have to change baby diapers someday,
As I am instructed that I ‘HAVE’ to change it anyway,
Now I understand the movie ‘Confessions of a Shopoholic’,
Choice between 2 ear rings which are exactly the same did drive me sick…

PS: I gave up after looking at seven earrings, wondering how anyone could choose between things which are equally tiny, equally shiny and meant to be completely hidden under hair anyway.

But… apart from another ‘change’ that my fly almost fed me to dinosaurs after they knew about her… something inside me ‘Changed’…

First time someone put her faith in me,
First time someone thought I wouldn’t flee,
First time someone gave me the right to hurt her,
With the trust that I would not, if my memory is not blur…

PS: That someone must be very happy reading this (If she is reading this that is)… knowing that I hardly talk serious stuff… however hard this might be the first and last time today…. Yes you heard me right… first and last time … ;)

I imagined my life, watching HBO,
Eating pizzas, with a laptop or so,
Driving alone to work each day,
Living all alone, being ‘OK’ this way…

PS: Yes I was a useless failure, who could earn money and mimic Shahrukh , but was worse than a China made plastic bicycle when it came to reliability and trust.

My mirror showed me an image,
Indeed the face was a lil strange,
A guy who thought ‘walking away’ is a cool thing to do,
But somewhere ashamed at heart, nobody knew…

PS: Maybe I am exaggerating a little I know ;)

Then … She came along…
Independent, graceful, elegant lady entered my life,
With oh the sensitivity to heal and be my wife,
She had a heart that could absorb all the pain,
Yet tears of a stranger could drive her insane….

PS: In short, my complete , geometrical opposite.

Since then she has been my guide my friend,
With her around, I could be myself, nothing to pretend,
She gave me more than ‘N’ number of movies could offer,
If I could think of let her go then I would have been a duffer…

PS: But above all she gave me a ‘REASON’…

She gave me a ‘Reason’ to believe I too can last,
She did trust me in spite my past,
She gave me a ‘Reason’ to wake up at 4:00 AM,
Just to see if she has reached home as she usually does claim…

PS: Earlier I would not get up early even for a free sandwich…

She has given me a ‘Reason’ to feel special,
By trying to cheer me up when I go dull,
She has given me a ‘Reason’ to call her while I drive,
Though dangerous, I love to talk to her each moment, don’t know why…

PS: Please don’t tell her about my driving stunt ;)

I never cared the kind of guy I was,
Bunch of mistakes, never bothered about the loss,
Though she deserves someone better I feel,
She is a girl, now nobody on earth can steal…

PS: Because while a boy finds a girl who keeps him happy , this boy has found a girl he wants to keep happy .

____________________________Rashmi(28th Sept,2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment