Wednesday, August 17, 2011

He Lied


He Lied_______________________________

Once oh so beautiful, now so fragile,
Her body totally weak and agile…
He looked at her through the glass window,
Hiding his tears, so that they don’t show…

He wiped his tears,
Swallowed his fears,
Walked inside and sat beside’s her bed,
She turned away, pretending to be dead…

Alas she looked at him and faked a smile,
And tried to live the old moment for a while,
As always…“How do I look today”, she asked,
“As lovely as ever, my angel”… “HE LIED”….

“Liar”, she said… tears rolling down her withered cheek,
He stopped his tears, so that she does not go weak…

He continued…

“No sweetheart, your eyes are as beautiful as ever”,
“My angel, you will be fine and we will live together forever”…
“Your hands”, holding her fingers between the gaps of his,
“Reminds me of our times together, the times I call- bliss”…

She wept and said...

“Promise me, you will move on”
“Look at me and promise me baby, c’mon”
“Bring that mirror, I am no longer beautiful, please see”
“I will be dead soon… don’t know when my soul will be forced to flee”

Still holding her hands tight… he said…

“I cant promise you to be fine”
“Please do not ask me to cross the thin line”
“but I want to keep my promise to leave you never”
“With or without you, it will always be you forever”…

Holding him tight… she smiled,
Together out of joy, they cried for a while…

______________________________Rashmi(18th August, 2011)


No comments:

Post a Comment