Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Me Again!





Me Again!

Yes, I know I haven’t given any room for anyone to relax… after sudden dip in my workload I really have found all the time in the world to write aiwe hi bakwaas all over again… Yeah yeah there I can hear you guys saying… “C’mon we thought she is gone for good… how come she is back so soon”… Manners people… learn to whisper… ;)

Its said that you should try new things in life… like climing the Everset… swim through Arabian sea… OR… Watch the movie Mausam… My amazing brains thought of choosing the last option… yes I did that… I watched Mausam…. And it left me traumatized… My doctor said that I will never be able to enter a multiplex again in my life with my old confidence again…. To get out of this trauma I flew to Philippines… 2 weeks of change and I am back again… And to get my spirits up and running I flew to Goa too… How was it… just one word… “Amazing”

Everyone asked me… “What was one thing in Goa that left you speechless”… A very typical answer one would receive is … Beautiful beaches… oh the smart firangs there… or the endless dance in the pub… or the drinks… I experienced all of the above… but none of them could have drawn me to write a blog…

Yeh now stop yelling .. I am almost getting to the point… After a long days travel the only thing I could think of doing late in the evening was just relax and sit on a shack on the beach… so we all girls headed towards Baga beach… it had become our second home in last 5 days… while we were talking about current affairs and world changing topic like which guy on the beach was smarty ;) a little kid came and stood besides me… he went on to say … “Didi tattoo banwaaooge”… (Which means – Sis, will you get a tattoo done)…. Well that translation was for all those who read my blog across the globe…. C’mon by now I do expect that my fan list is endless across the world…. ;)

So, I told little kid… go on with your tatoo… while he was showing his creativity on my arms I had a little conversation with him... which left me writing this blog and you guys reading this blog...

_______________________________________________

Me: So do you go to school?


Kid: Yes didi, I do… St.Marys


Me (A little shocked) : Which grade are you in


Kid: Didi 7th grade


Me: So you do this tattoo thing every evening


Kid: Yes, I go to school in the morning, and in the evening I do tattoo


Me: Who taught you to do this tattoo


Kid: Didi, no one teaches us… we learn…


Me(Again a little shocked): So what do you wanna become once you grow up


Kid: Software Engineer


Me totally shocked this time… I thought like every kid in Mumbai you ask, what you wanna become they say either Engineer or Doctor… no one knows why they wanna become one.., yeah now dare you give me that sarcastic smile… even I don’t know what the hell I am doing or have done by becoming an engineer… ;)… so thought of asking the kid the same question


Me: So why do you wanna become a software engineer…


And the reply I got just kept me strangled…


Kid: Didi, software engineers are likes scientists I feel… they invent new things…. They create new things which others can use… and if I become a software engineer even I can do that… tabhi hi tho desh aage badhega (Only then can our country progress)

_____________________________________________


I was left totally speechless with the little kids answer… how many of the well educated lot ...even think 1% close to this little kid… aimlessly we are running… some busy with work… some busy with money accompanied with work… some just busy… totally lost…


I then asked the kid.. apart from all this what are you good at… he said he sings… he has got 2nd prize in singing in his school… I asked him to sing the same song which helped him win the prize… and guess what he sung… “Make it a better place” song by Michael Jackson… and his English was amazing… so fluent… beautiful voice… simply amazing…


That little kid did leave me thinking… and I am still thinking… if few people in my generation can think as high as this little kid… this world would indeed be a better place…


Now I know its not hard for you guys to guess why I have posted a pic of mine with an unknown kid in the start of this blog…. Oppsyy!!! I almost forgot to introduce you guys to him… His name is Raju :) and he is India’s future :)


PS: I know after a really long time I have written something really serious… and being serious is seriously not good for my health… Doctor has recommended bakwaas talks… infinite laughter … enormous doses of crapy jokes to prevent me from being officially called – Insane ;)


So I log off now….For the 95% who thought I am truly gone for good… go back and get those ladoos back from your neighbours as I am very much alive… up and running… and for the remaining 5% who were truly concerned about me… do not worry… Its truly…. Me again!!!

Now its time to make up for making you guys read such a serious blog... heres some clicks from Goa... Indeed apart from the kid the beauty of this place did leave me speechless :)













Love,
Rashmi________________________(09th November, 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment