Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Best of Me - Nicholas Sparks




Usually after reading any Nicholas Sparks book I have loads to write about it... Somehow for his latest release "Best of Me"... I seriously got nothing to say... Speechless this book got me... and to top it... I just couldnt complete this book in a go... within few days... it practically took me 2 months.... just too hard to complete.... 

Please dont get any ideas... it wasnt boring... but this was indeed "best" of nicholas sparks so far.... if you are into reading... you know that few lines in the books hit you hard... but what do you do when every line in the book hits you hard... ;) ... This book is of that kind... Phew.... 

Bravo Rashmi!...You finally reached the finish line... ;)... 

Here are few quotes from the book.... I love the most :)

“That's why I loved being with you. We could do the simplest things, like toss starfish into the ocean and share a burger and talk and even then I knew that I was fortunate. Because you were the first guy who wasn't constantly trying to impress me. You accepted who you were, but more than that, you accepted me for me. And nothing else mattered-- not my family or your family or anyone else in the world. It was just us.”

― Nicholas Sparks, The Best of Me

“Don't take my advice. Or anyone's advice. Trust yourself. For good or for bad, happy or unhappy, it's your life, and what you do with it has always been entirely up to you.”

― Nicholas Sparks, The Best of Me

“Everyone makes mistakes, even if some are worse than others. Accidents happen.”

― Nicholas Sparks, The Best of Me

“I don't know that I've ever felt as happy as I did that day, but then again, it was always like that when we were together. I never wanted it to end.”

― Nicholas Sparks, The Best of Me

“Because you aren't just someone I loved back then. You were my best friend, my best self, and I can't imagine giving that up again." He hesitated searching for the right words. "You might not understand, but I gave you the best of me, and after you left, nothing was ever the same.”

― Nicholas Sparks, The Best of Me

“Everyone wanted to believe that endless love was possible. She’s believed in it once, too, back when she was eighteen. But she knew that love was messy, just like life. It took turns that people couldn’t foresee or even understand, leaving a long trail of regret in its wake. And almost always, those regrets led to the kinds of what if questions that could never be answered.”

― Nicholas Sparks, The Best of Me

“Please don't ask me to go with you, because if you do, I'll go. Please don't ask me to tell Frank about us, because i'll do that, too. Please don't ask me to give up my responsibilities or break up my family; I love you, and if you love me, too, then you just can't ask me to do these things. Because I don't trust myself enough to say no.”

― Nicholas Sparks, The Best of Me

"Forever"... He had carved the word on the workbench. A teenage promise, nothing more, yet somehow he had been able to keep it alive even after 20 years. She could feel the strength of the promise now.

― Nicholas Sparks, The Best of Me

“I gave you the best of me, he'd told her once, and with every beat of her son's heart, she knew he'd exactly done that.”

― Nicholas Sparks, The Best of Me

PS: Dont expect me to pen down the story this time guys... I wouldnt be able to do it :)... Apologies :)

Love,
Me who Else :)

No comments:

Post a Comment