Sunday, October 9, 2011

Love “Does Not” Change!



Love “Does Not” Change___________________________

Being a great fan of ‘Nicholas Sparks’ love novels… I always wondered why did he always write about love… especially about guys which girls always dream of… a guy who would love the girl unconditionally… More a girl reads about such characters, more she gets disappointed when she knows that it’s not close to reality… ‘A guy who loves a girl unconditionally, with all his heart and soul is a myth’… that’s what we see…. That’s what we hear…. That’s what we experience…

But one incident in my life struck me hard…. While I was in Canada… I was blessed with a friend. He was my team mate from UK.. Fabian… one day he and his wife invited me for dinner… when I met them, I truly found that true love does exist… and it still persists even if you are married for 6 odd years… it can still be so alive… I could jst see the love in their eyes… their affection towards each other made me speechless…

Even while we would work and we used to be super busy with work… but whenever his wife called, he would always greet her with … “Hey Hun… how are you… on and on and then… always ended the conversation with - Love you…” … I always wondered…. There is so much work and how can he still keep his cool when she is calling so many times… but he always spoke to her with that tone … I just loved that…

One day we invited him to our place.. and he went on to tell his love story… and how he got married… it was so beautiful and amazing….

One incident just shook me… it was a weekend and as always we were working… some work needed to be completed on high priority which meant all night work over the weekend… and I told Fabian to be available…. Guess what he told me… “Rashmi… my wife does not like when I work late nights… what I will do is… you continue the work… I will get up like 4 AM in the morning and take a hand over from you…. At that time my wife will be sleeping… she wouldn’t know I am working… and that will not spoil her mood.. and work will also will be compelted”… I was stunned… the clients are making a hue and cry about the task… and Fabian knew his priority set so right… he did not want to upset his wife over some work which is important to the client….

That was the day when I believed… Nicholas Spark does not write about fictitious guys who love their mate unconditionally … its true… they do exist…

I gifted my friend “Message in the bottle” book on her bday… after reading the book she asked me…

“Rashmi … do guys like Garett’s character in the book exist… today…” I smiled and rememebered Fabian… and said.. “Yes they do exist” :)

Sharing few of the lines from Nicholas Sparks books which touched my heart… hope you love them too!!!


"I fell in love with her when we were together, then fell deeper in love with her in the years we were apart."
― Nicholas Sparks, Dear John



"Sometimes you have to be apart from people you love, but that doesn't mean you love them any less. Sometimes it makes you love them even more."
― Nicholas Sparks, The Last Song


"The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected."
―Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook


“So it's not gonna be easy. It's going to be really hard; we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me... everyday.”
― Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook


“You are my best friend as well as my lover, and I do not know which side of you I enjoy the most. I treasure each side, just as I have treasured our life together.”
― Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook


“If you like her, if she makes you happy, and if you feel like you know her---then don't let her go.”
― Nicholas Sparks, Message in a Bottle


“They didn’t agree on much. In fact, they didn’t agree on anything. They fought all the time and challenged each other ever day. But despite their differences, they had one important thing in common. They were crazy about each other.”
― Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook


“In time, the hurt began to fade and it was easier to just let it go. At least I thought it was. But in every boy I met in the next few years, I found myself looking for you, and when the feelings got too strong, I'd write you another letter. But I never sent them for fear of what I might find. By then, you'd gone on with your life and I didn't want to think about you loving someone else. I wanted to remember us like we were that summer. I didn't ever want to lose that.”
― Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook


“I have faith that God will show you the answer. But you have to understand that sometimes it takes a while to be able to recognize what God wants you to do. That's how it often is. God's voice is usually nothing more than a whisper, and you have to listen very carefully to hear it. But other times, in those rarest of moments, the answer is obvious and rings as loud as a church bell.”
― Nicholas Sparks, The Last Song

___________________________Rashmi(9th October, 2011)

1 comment:

  1. Rash - one thing after reading this blog of urs .. Writen in Bible .. Ask, Seek, Knock .. Most imp belive .. If you belive in Love Stories .. Thn I say .. They do come true .. I belive in them as well.. N I know 4 me one day its gonna come true .. Jst as any other Story from our fav Nicholas Sparks .. :) :) Apni bhi ek story hogi .. Band Baja Barat ke sath aww ..

    ReplyDelete