Saturday, October 23, 2010

Expectations = = 0




If (Expectations = = 0)
Then Life = 'Fun'
Else  Life = 'Hell'

Eureka Eureka Eureka!!!!

Finally I made one sensible piece of code after being 3.3 years which implies 27 months in Corporate… Cool… for a change I am getting good with numbers too today … ;)

Even if you have landed on earth just 15 minutes back you would have felt this feeling of ‘Expecting’… It’s normal… Natural feeling hai… darne ki koi baat nahi …

If you want to know the typical categorization of this word… it has 2 types…


a. Realistic Expectations…
b. Unrealistic Expectations…

For example :

I am dumb – Realistic Expectation
I will someday act sane – Unrealistic Expectation

Don’t be scared… Won’t make this blog sound like some Software Engineering Class… ;)

Expectations… You hear people say…

“I expected a promotion this year”
That’s ok… Recession you see….

“I expected my boyfriend to marry me”
That’s ok … You need to give life another chance…

“I expected an onsite this year… But didn’t get one”
Whattttttttttttt…. Why didn’t you tell us about it…? Ohh poor soul… God can be real cruel at times… lolzz

: ) … Time to get serious… Somebody start the stop watch please… I can’t be in this serious mode for more than 10 minutes… Tats not good for my health… don’t give me those looks… It’s not me this time please… but my doctor said so…

Phew… Where was I … yeah… Expectations… Its so natural to expect from our loved ones… to always be good to us… always be there for us… never disappoint us… but what if something goes wrong in their lives… what if they are going through a mess… and they cant be there for us all the while… would you blame them for not being around when you are in need… when you need a shoulder to cry…

Or maybe your loved ones have some thing in their personality that irritates you… You try to change them … maybe they change for few days and they get back to their old ways…. Which leaves you irritated again… you expect them to fit into your box… perfectly… but what if God has made them this way… Maybe your partner is not expressive… Maybe he has never seen his parents express love… hence for him/her not expressing is normal… That does not make him/her a bad person…

Give your loved ones some room to be humans… give them grace to make mistakes… give them some space to know that you love them despite their immense flaws… give them the acceptance by not expecting way too much which they do not even have in them to give you…

Sure there are times of confrontation where in you can say what upsets you… maybe they will change with time... but even if they don’t change… even if they go back to their old ways … you got to go change your focus… your partner may not be as romantic as XYX’s husband but maybe he is a responsible guy… maybe he is a family guy… maybe XYZ’s husband lacks these qualities…

Quit being judgemental… life is too short to keep judging people… if you keep doing so… you will find short of time to love them…

Dingggggggg Donggggggg !!!! … Stop Watch just reminds me that 10 mins are done…. ;)

Phew bahut gyaan bharri baatien hogayii naaa…

So ladies and gentlemen, Expectations = 0 is my mantra from now on… I “EXPECT” that I abide by this mantra … ;) … hehe…

Cheers,
Rashmi

2 comments:

  1. Hope the Doctor thing was a joke... :P
    Btw ,this is Chetan Bhagat Style ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Nasa...

    Lol.... yeah yeah... U think i can be serious ;) ...

    Chetan Bagat... well well.... i wll take it as a compliment.. bt Chetan Bagat Rocks... I got a long way to go to reach his level of sarcasm

    Cheers,
    Rashmi

    ReplyDelete