Friday, October 29, 2010

Need to be serious… Whoaa…. Seriouslyy???






Need to be serious… Whoaa…. Seriouslyy???

I know , I know . It’s been almost 24 hours since I have visited this blog…Mr.Spider has kinda made this blog his home… Half of the guys busy saying ‘I miss her’ , around a dozen guys all over the country have killed themselves , another seven are being rushed to hospital as we speak , and I can’t even count the ones who are out on Friday night buying rat poison right now . But here I am, so chill, breathe and smile, for I am still single and as always confused… ;) … now appreciate my honestly guys…

"Life is not a cartoon film Rashmi! You have to learn to be serious. Grow Up!"


-- Old Proverb. Recited to me by everybody around me since school times…

Whoa… Serious…. Yes I am serious… seriously serious… wait a minute… but why I need to be serious… ding dong… koi bataayegaa bhai… or else this is some sort of secret… shhhhhhhh…

One small incident happened on Thursday...

Teradata bus did not turn up in the morning... normally 3 of us get into the bus from Borivali... one HR friend of mine... one is me me me... and other is a skinny serious looking guy or man... kinda not sure wats his age... so dont want to offend him in case he reads this blog... But seriously.. he never smiles...

So bus broke down... only option left was to catch a Rick and reach hiranandani... I told my HR friend to ask the serious guy... (Sorry not sure abt his name...) ... She gave me the look 'Are-You-Serious'.... all the way till Hiranandani he will be with us... I just looked at her and winked... an expression that said 'Thats-the-right-thing-to-do' ... damn i dont know why i became Mother Teresa -II for a moment... i truly regret my decision.... first decision of my life...

So we waved at him asking if he wants to join.... damnn his facial expression did not change... untill now i was thinking its only Arjun Rampal whose expression does not change from start to end of the movie... but i was wrong.. Arjun Rampal does have a competitor... or must say ... Sorry Arjun Rampal.. this guy might just beat you when it comes to 'No Expression'.... damnn...

So he came up and sat in the rick... No smiles.. ok... me and my HR friend as always were doing bak bak... kinda i hit on with these HR's... damn cool people... always smiling... (No Plastic Smiles like the air hostesses) ... So our conversation travelled across the globe with her child's talks to why Shahrukh is looking so old... and why Big Boss invited Khali in the show....

Suddenly we realized that 'The' Serious guy was sitting right in the same rickshaw... So for humanity sake i asked him ,'So you are from Informatica Practice'.... i did no the answer... but still just to start a conversation... he said 'Yes'.... nothing more ... nothing less... Then i asked him...'so wats your name'... he said..'A*******'... Damn his royal name was no even close to his dull personality...  I said 'Ok so you are the one who is training the Fresher guys'... he again replied in a monosylaabal 'Yes'...

Then i thought its better to talk to my HR friend... than getting bored all the way till Hiranandanii with just 2 words rotating 'yes'... Pause...'No'.... and my HR friend gave me the look.. 'Why-did-you-even-bother-to-invite-him'.... and my expression said.. 'S-O-R-R-Y' ... hehe

When i told my friends at work abt this guy... all said unanimously... he is always serious... you are crazy that you even bothered to invite him... damn u Robin Sharma... Tried to be good to a stranger... But guess what i later came to know he is the manager of Informatica practice.. so he is not a guy... but a man for sure.... now that I know his age.. hehe... but Why was he so serious???? ... my engineering Mechanics sounds easier than this one question.... hehhe....

So i thought....

Maybe the world thinks being serious is the same as being “Responsible”. A guy who looks sadly stiff must be very particular about his work. The world thinks that a guy who looks straight faced is thinking about something deeply important and philosophical. (You got to be kidding) …In reality,he may be serious due to the constipation. Or else someone just paid him a 1000 dollars for scaring away ghosts at midnight...

So ladies and gentlemen… “Serious=Responsible”… galat formula…i mean galat faimi...  exams main 100/100 milenge for this answer… but you will fail miserably in the exam… biggest exam called “Life”…

So Tinku if you enjoy playing cricket.. hide you bat… your mom might just burn it down… sonu if you love dancing… don’t tell your mom… she might just increase your tution classes…

Its like if you are enjoying , if you are laughing , you are not making yourself into someone who would be successful.The entire Indian society is designed to make enjoyment a very ridiculed thing, just after Rakhi Sawant… or maybe just after me… (See I am so humble at times)

So here we derive another formula “Success is mutually exclusive of Enjoyment”

Pappu, Sonu maybe you will become biggggggg people… (I am not talking about their size here) … But after you die I guess I need to send you this sms…. “Hey guys , you left your dollars , cars , mansions , flat screen televisions , microwave Owens all behind down here. Do I call the Blue Dart guys to send all this up there?

When it all has to end a day ,whats the point in living life so intensely ? Why take it so hard ? Why crib about your job , about a broken relation , about a wrong that has happened. And to top it why blame God for the choices we make… Dear Lord…. Aapne hii sabko manmaani karneki chut de rahi haii…. And now they blame you for their mess… and keep cribbing about little things… By the way , before i forget time for some quick updates... my computer seems to have got too slow these days… and my milkman never comes on time…. And my company bus you know always late… and my boss… pain in the ass you see… and my project no more challenging… and onsite… they say next year… they better give me good appraisals this year… or else a switch… water does not come 24*7… and my kaamwalli … damnn… i will save that for some other day… ;)….

So where was I.. yeah about people who keep complaining… some people I tell you… ;)

I love the song.. the title track of “Lafangey Parindey”… one line that says “Ek khwaab mila tho … duje khwaab pe nazar hai”… damn it applies to all… first dream 'I want a car’ …. Next dream .. ‘ I want a bigger car’ … Next Next dream ‘I want a high end version big car with automatic transmission and a CD player’ … then sitting in the car you become fat… and doctor advises you to ride a bicycle.. Whoaaa !!!

So lighten up...

Work hard but grab the fact that your happiness aint in any screwed 18 hour job or any moment you are waiting for. Your happiness is right here. Smile a little. Smell the roses. I said smell the rosess… not your socks…. Sabkoo ghaaiii haiii… sun tho loo purii baat… I know I do bakwaas most of the times…. Bt at times… ok sometimes… ok once in a day...ok once in 3 years I do talk sense ;)

Yeah yeah… you think I am a “Pampered” girl who hasn’t seen life yet… who does not know what hard life is like… who has enjoyed life to the fullest with no pain.. no sorrow…no heart aches here and there… ( Okkkk just one heartache) … who has not yet had limphoosircoma of the intestine…. Hehe… (Ignore this one)... well have seen it all… or maybe more than you all...But I have just one funda… if life gets back on you and decides to screw you then all you need to do is smile… laugh more…

I am not saying put up a fake attitude and don’t cry… cry… when you are hurt cry… But don’t make this crying thing become a life time thing for you… cry for a season… and then smile…Smile that it’s over… Yeahhh there you goo… see so easy to smile… Ouchhh !!!! yoou got a realllll scarryyyyy smile… ;)

So haso, jiyo, muskuraaoo…. Kya pataa … kal ho naa ho… ;) …. Damnn…. I have heard that somewhere…

PS- Chill Yaaro . There was a bunch of really verbal dogs right outside my window at 12.30 in the morning , and since they wont let me sleep , decided to see if I can rhyme words . when I failed to do that I thought kuch bakwaas hi kar du… So chill . It takes something as grave as back to back screenings of Karz and Phoonk to depress me. And all the angry people commenting here , you are always fun to have around ...

One last question… Do I need to be serious? ;) ... Or Cartoon life will do? ....  Ok Ok... Off too sleep now...

Cheers,
Rashmi

6 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha ha....

    You made a lot of sense, in a Seriously humorous fashion :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's two extremes in this article.. one's where an individual is far too consumed by the cares of this world and another where an individual is totally oblivious to the needs of the day..

    Growing up or 'becoming serious' as you've said in this article.. can mean a lot of things..but in the context of your article.. it probably means to know the difference between planning & working for a better future for yourself and your family and being so obsessed by the desire to achieve that you let it consume you & everything around you..

    This principle can be applicable to everything in life and not just achievement.. and so.. being serious could mean studying for your exams instead of fooling around when it's time to do so.. it could mean taking a break from studies when you've spent all day with books.. it could mean doing your bit in whatever way to support your family instead of expecting everything served on a platter... it could mean bringing cheer to someone when they need it instead of loathing their sorrowful state...

    It could mean a lot of things... but in this case I guess the answer to your question is.. be not engulfed by either extremes but know where to draw the line! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anonymous

    Ahh.... A blog in my blog... hehe.. thats the longest comment I have recieved so far... Indeed you hit it right.... in "Context" of the article all it means is indeed we need to take studies, carrier, marriage, life as a whole seriously... but being serious does not mean we enter this "Rat Race" and forget why we are actually doing this... to live a 'Gooooodd Life' with our loved ones... and whats the point of running and not enjoying the journey... ;)

    So Mr/Ms.Anonymous... Indeed any extreme is bad... And it does not take to live in extremes to be happy... just a cheese burger with some cool music should be justtt fine ;)

    Cheers,
    Rashmi

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ HP...

    Thanks buddy :)

    Cheers,
    Rashmi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey one thing....finally you have started writing blog as a 'blog' I mean not as a poem :)....makes the life of people like me simpler to understand and appreciate...:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Nileshh...

    Pheww... college time main bolaa hota tho tabhii se write ups likhtii naa :P... hehe

    Well nyways glad that u liked the write...

    Cheers,
    Rashmi

    ReplyDelete