Thursday, November 18, 2010

Daddy's Home-Coming…




Daddy's Home-Coming…

Finally he called her on yet another gloom,
From a long distance, from his lonely room,
All he wanted to hear was her saying ‘I love you’,
Every time she said this, it felt totally new…

But…

In the background he could hear,
His kids laughing so very clear,
He would wipe the tear falling from his eye,
Every time he heard them cry…

His kid grabbed the phone from his mamma…

A little voice he would hear then on the phone,
‘Daddy when you coming back home’,
Speechless he would get,
Though his heart would totally melt…

But… He would reply,

Sweetheart, I am already there around,
Close your eyes; you will hear my sound,
But first you need to finish your ABC’s,
And you will see me before your wait would cease …

She got back on the phone…

Said I really miss you when you aint near,
And I really love you my dear,
I don’t know if to confess its wrong,
But I am a little too tired of being strong…

Darling, don’t worry about the kid’s,
But yeah your bedtime stories they do miss,
They loved the chocolates their dear daddy sent,
‘My Dadddaa the bestest’… on and on they went…

Now stop weeping ok, I can see the tear,
Our kids are just fine, do not fear,
Wish you would be there for her birthday though,
This moment for her and us is so important you know…

Holding his tears he just said...

I am tired of this life my love,
And its time, I come back somehow,
The money, the fame is not worth it you see,
When I am all alone… its no more of ‘WE’…

I am taking the first flight out my dear,
Tell the kids, very soon their daddy wll be near,
No wait dont tell them, let me surprise them for a while,
I want to capture the moment, I am dying to see them weep and smile…

____________________Rashmi (19th November, 2010)

PS: Browsing thru the old childhood family pics, esp of my birthday's, I would always wonder when we are a family of 4, why just 3 are seen everywhere... Miss u daddy in all those pics... your Home Coming has indeed made my life complete... :)

And Nasa this goes for you...

Just because i have promised someone, I would like to make a note here.... While i was writing this poem, the clock struck 12 and calls loaded with wishes started pouring in... And one of the calls was from my friend Nasa... and as promised Nasa... i have made a mention of you somewhere in the poem... 'PS' Section main hi sahii ;) ... and though it sounds a total misfit here... Guys, I cnt help it... What all 'dosti' makes you do.. ;) ... hehe...

Cheers,
Rashmi

2 comments:

  1. This ones My fav,Top of the List
    ...Not because of the PS section...

    And Yes,Thanks for the Special mention ... PS Section hi sahi..Dosti hai toh chalana padhega.. :P

    Many Many Happy Returns of the Day!!

    Have a Wonderful 25th Bday...
    ;)

    Single at 25 & still very Happy... hahahah ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Nasa...

    Thankss dude.. ;)... Dude of US that is ;)

    of course friends ke liye karna padta haii.. vada kia tho nibhaana padta hai.. damnn i am getting filmi...

    Btw thanks for ur wishes... mera dialouge mereko hi maar raha hai.. indeed 25... yet single as always confused... andd most imp ...happy ;)

    Cheers,
    Rashmi

    ReplyDelete