Saturday, November 13, 2010

Perfect Date...


Perfect Date...

Last Sunday, I watched the movie Golmaal 3…. Mann that was funny… I am not sure why the reviews said its ‘Not-So-Good-Movie’… I guess people who disliked the movie were of those types who loved Rahul bose ka movie ’15 Park Avenue’ … Damnn its a kinda a movie like you sit in the theatre and suddenly … I mean abruptly the movie ends…. Lights go on in the theatre… and you hear peoples yelling…. ‘hello picture khatam hui… ? why are the lights switched on… kuch samaj nahi raha hai “ …. Hehe…. OPEN ENDED MOVIE they call…. By ‘THEY’ I mean the intellectual people… ;)

So after the movie me and my friend crashed at pizza hut… baba bhuk jo lagi thii… lottaa energy goes in laughing you see… yea yea the movie did make us laugh… so while we were having my favvv pizza… (Abhi details bataana IT industry main jaruri hai… just thank god that I did not specify that I was having my fav pizza at 4:05 PM) …. Hehe…

So kaha thi main… yup my friend suddenly asked me…

“Tell me what a perfect day means to you” …

I thought for a while… I promptly coughed , murmered something about durban test , and then started talking about the weather in Mumbai…. ( Itne heavy questions poochega to end karni hee padegi na ) countless names crossed my mind… But somewhere I was speechless… “I said maybe the day when I am with my loved ones”…. He replied…. “That’s called not being specific”… I thought… I thought… man… I was speechless… I never thought what my perfect day should be like… .The conversation ended soon after. But then I got back to my room , jumped in my bed , drew my bedsheet over the eyes , stared into the darkness and thought...

"What is my view of a perfect day?"

Now I am as confident as a Shane Warne bowling to Sonu Nigam when I say that around 4 people on this planet would be interested in knowing about my perfect day , assuming my family would be interested in that ...

Once when I was thirteen , I was sitting at the school library . During a particularly intense browsing , I chanced upon this quote by some old Moroccan vegtable seller

"The most uncomfortable person in this world is a person who is not himself."

All i knew then is my perfect day is being around people without having to prove something every minute.. without having to think before i talk... or be thinking what if i be judged wrongly.... a day where in i can just be 'ME'... my imperfect me that is.... and no one really cares... but still loves me for who i am... not for who they wanna see in me....

The very next day one of my gang at work decided to cook some dinner and just chill one evening… we all crashed at the friends place and cooked food… ate… talked… laughed.. and laughed more… followed by long talks … long long talks… about absolutely nothing…

And when the day ended and I left for home we all had smile on our face… then suddenly my little mind said… “What a perfect end to a day” … wow… that was one of my perfect day.. oh so light… yet that ended with a smile that lasted all through the night…

PS – Btw Subject Line ka koi sense nahi hai … logic mat doondho … main jaanti thi subject line dekh kar tum padhoge zaroor ... Sudhar jao yaroon . Umar ka to lihaaz karoon apni ... Perfect DAY tha... not DATE :p ... It’s 12:55 in the morning. And only a job with a call center can keep me up now. Time to Crash. And if I don’t have a good day at home tomorrow , I think the cinema hall next to it is playing some comedy ... ;)

1 comment: