Thursday, July 1, 2010

Old to New…


Well just penned down an incident that happened in the morning... on my way to work... well... rarely somethings make me wonder ;) ... so just thought of sharing...






Old to New… 

Its been almost 6 months that I have joined Teradata. Can’t believe time just flies… It was just yesterday that I was in LnT I feel…

 Humans as we are with a typical nature, that we try and grab what we don’t have and when we get what we always wanted we don’t value it… Hey guys btw…that applies to me too…. When I was in LnT I found countless reasons why I should leave that place… Teradata felt like heaven and LnT a hell… Some did tell me that a known devil is better than an unknown angel ;) … for those who did not understand ( Known Devil – LnT…. Unkown Angel – Teradata) … lol But neglected all those words…

 

Marked the date… 23rd Feb, 2010 … my last day in LnT… A place that changed my personality as a whole… change my view towards life… changed my life… Right now I can re call a dialogue from the film ‘Rang De Basanti’ … Where Aamir Khan says ‘ Life is what happens to you when you take a right from our college gate’ … So true… Life has changed … Did change me too… Quite times … well my favorite times indeed makes me wonder … Who is the real me… One I have left back in college … the quite girl… Or this whole new sarcastic and funny me … who makes everyone smile when they are with me…

 

Well guys I am drifting away from the main topic about why I am writing this down in the middle of my work ;) … Must say Teradata bus service is the most pathetic bus service I have ever seen… I have already told my manager to make an entry in the Risk Log , ‘Project deadlines can extend in case any resource undergoes an injury due to terrific Teradata drivers’ … No guys I am not exaggerating… Believe me in this past 6 months I have almost thanked God 100 times that I have missed death ;) … Plus the bus condition… feels like it needs maintenance since ages… Well the list can go on… Well today while I was waiting for my bus… my stop is common stop for all IT buses… Hexaware… patni… Datamatics, Syntel… Typical sad faces… Typical Techies early morning… So I was focusing on the bus which would hold the Tag of Teradata… I kept focusing to find my old bus… But couldn’t find it… Suddenly one stranger came up to me and said ‘ Mam someone in the bus is calling you’… When I looked back in wonder as to how could I miss my bus… I saw all friends of mine wearing a smile and calling me in the bus… Well I was amazed… our Teradata bus had gone thru a change… it was a brand new bus… : ) … All in the bus welcomed me as if I was a PM or something… Somewhere I couldn’t believe that the company did change the old bus to a new bus… when I was least expecting this to happen… I had accepted that the bus condition or the bus or the driver wouldn’t change…. I was still looking forward for the age old aadam ke zamaaaneka bus…

 Why the story you might be thinking… Well let me continue… After sitting in the bus I started thinking, so often towards life we keep this attitude… when back to back things does not go our way… we mould our thinking like nothing good can happen to me… and each day we wait for the same old bad news I must say like I was waiting for my bus… with all our focus… like I was focusing on the road to see if I can find my old bus with Teradata tag… And in this process I missed the brand new bus with Teradata tag… and to top it needed a stranger to tell me that my bus has arrived… at times we miss so many new opportunities … new brand new opportunities because we are not ready to shift our focus… And in those times… the stranger that helps us is God… He intervenes in our lifes to say ‘Child, stop focusing on the old… the new has already arrived… and a seat for u is ready’ …

 

Well … Maybe a small incident… But it did make my day… : ) … Btw missed telling you… I got a bonus too… Along with the bus the driver was also changed… So guys… My life is outta danger now : )


__________________________________________Rashmi (1st July,2010)








4 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha

    Good One ...

    "New Brand New Oppurtunities" :P :P :P

    But most of all, although it was just an incident with a touch of humour in it, but the thing that i liked most in it was that it contained a message to ponder over, to think about ... :)

    Keep up the Good Work waste :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ HP...

    Heyaa... well well.... indeed... as i mentioned in the call I really wanted to write this sarcastically... BUT.... office main likha issliye didnt get much time...

    Glad to know that it did make some sense ;)

    Cheers,
    Rashmi

    ReplyDelete
  3. It DID make some GOOD sense waste...

    Haan as far as sarcasm is concerned, wo nahi hai... :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That new bus was just for a day :(
    again the same old bus with the same driver is on our way..

    ReplyDelete