Saturday, July 24, 2010

Finally Girl Says…


Well there are times when  relationship goes for a toss for a short duration of time... Relationship needs a balance of investment (in terms of time and efforts) and that should happen from both ends... It cant be that just a single person is driving the relationship.... and at times its important to be upfront and speak out than keep things inside and blow up the relation ....Girl in the poem finally says it out ... :) .... Hope you love the story...




Finally Girl Says…


Girl

It’s been long, but I am going to tell you now,
Things between us don’t seem right somehow,
It’s now that I know when people say,
That even lovers need some time away…

Guy

Don’t go…please stay,
I will make up for the moments I was away,
I promise I will make up to you,
For the lonely nights you have been through…

Girl

Each time we try and make some plan somehow,
Why does it go for a toss my love?
I know it’s hard but I have to say,
For now, please let me go my own way …

Guy

Maybe I was with zillion people around me,
Those kept me all busy, and time simply flee,
I know I neglected you, thought you would understand,
Crazy as always; I had lost my mind…

Girl

Countless times I read the letters you once wrote,
But now long letters have turned into a short note,
Do you think that was just enough?
To survive with this is indeed tough…

Guy

I know the mails I wrote to you,
Was just a single line or two,
My words were so cold and flat,
My dear, indeed you deserved more than that…


Girl

I get my hopes up, but I watch them fall every time,
I always reminded myself, things will be just fine,
But the colors in our lives are turning gray,
It’s not easy to see them slowly fade away…

Guy

Remember the moment I flew away that night,
Everything between us was just so right,
I know you were sad, maybe you even cried… but you let me go…
Told you I would be back soon, I know I didn’t keep my vow…

Girl

Well your dream laid in different time zone my dear,
I could have asked you to wait, but your wishes were clear,
No doubt I did cry all night, I did want to scream,
But I wanted you to fulfill your greatest dream…

Guy

I feel like I am living someone else’s life,
How could I forget that I do have a beautiful wife?
I am tired of flying to Paris and Rome,
My darling, please wait… I am coming back home…

Girl

Why so late, why now?
When I am all set to leave somehow,
You promise to come back soon?
Will you set back our life’s tune?

Guy

I have had my run; I am all down now,
I promise I will make things right for us somehow,
After all that’s said and done,
I just want to say that I still love you in ton…

_____________________________________Rashmi(24-July-2010)

7 comments:

  1. Nice one...
    Touching yet again...

    And that trademark 'Ton' of yours at the very end :)
    Remember ???

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahhaa... u know wht... I am jst feeling to type in some special chars here ;) ... remebered something :P...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Anu....

    What u remembered madam.... enlighten me too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehehee... nah.. stupid ppl, stupid acts n dumb ways of handling life :P jab milenge tab bataungi ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ HP...

    Indeed indeeed... ;)

    Cheers,
    Rashmi

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Laxmi...

    Thankss sweety :)

    Cheers,
    Rashmi

    ReplyDelete