Friday, December 31, 2010

Teradata Certified Professional ;)


Teradata Certified Professional..

So here I am guys… Yeah finally I am "Teradata Certified Professional" … I know I know this seems like a miracle… an event not meant to be… a news that can be flashed as “Breaking News” on NDTV… lol … At least people who know me well , “Wont” agree with me… slapping me you will find them saying… "Chup kar nautankii.. hamesha tho top kia hai… tho iss baar fail honekaa sawaal kaha se uthatha haii"... ;)


Hold on… its not that I have not been good with numbers since my school dayz… have almost always topped the class… yea yea … I know I am sounding like a geek now… but I was one… always wanted to top… always wanted to be first one to reach the top… phew… ok … fir kya huaa… reached the top ;)… but realized later that this “Top” wasn’t my destination… ;)… so from that day till now… never aimed for being at the top real soon.. real fast… now I just take one day at a time… and am enjoying the journey and music called “Life”…


Phew… bahut hua na… I know I get carried away at times when I get the whole whole blog of mine to write about “Life”… kya kare… ye ek hi tho jagah hai where I can just voice my thoughts ;)… elsewhere I never win as I have always been bad with “Debate’s”…. Hehe…


Ok ok… so where was I… right… I am finally Teradata Certified… Sacchi muchhi… heres the proof…




PS: For those who are thinking .. this certificate says 'Rajrashmi'... maybe tis girl is again bluffing ;)...hehe... My real name is 'Rajrashmi'... Phew... ya ya i know .... now blame my mom for this disaster... No my dad has nothing to do with this.... yea and also blame all the relatives present in my naming cermony.... main tho kuch bol nahi paayi on that day... but they could have helped mom realize this is not good... ;)... ab jaane do... too late for this debate ;) ... Ok Ok ... stop laughing now.... new year hai yaar... u can be good to me ;) ;) ;)

Thought of sharing the journey… lol… don’t worry… the journey lasted for just 2 days ;)… When I joined Teradata in March 2010… I was told by my manager that here we need to compulsarliy do Teradata certification… I said to myself… “Pagal hai kya…. I don’t believe in certifications… one certification will now prove that I am good at this technology.. bla bla bla my mind went on” …. Hehe… (as always)

Then I thought certi dene main kya hai… dumps tho available hi hai… ok ok… for all “Non-Techies”… you might be wondering what is this "DUMPS"….Well … "Dumps are set of qsts that has been created in the course of time by people who have given certifications and have come up with the qsts that will appear in the exam… not one qst from outside.. all u got to do is ratoofyy them and go… and there u hit 100% score" …. Phew…. I know I just sounded like “Chatur” from 3-Idiots ;)

But then bomb gira… Teradata Corporation came up with the upgrade version…. This meant new certification questions… and we are the as always lucky batch to give it for the first time… and exam had nothing to do with the old version questions … plus the count of qsts in the xam doubled… : ( ... complexity of qsts also doubled …. All who gave the new version exam came out with flying colors ;).. all failed.. 6000 in drain… my my… Teradata company was itself shocked with the rate people were flunking in the new version crtification… ek “Pramaan” jaari hua… all were asked to hold on and not give any certifications for 1 month… Meri tho chaandii… ;)

Then finally after a month again certifications started… qsts complexity didn’t reduce but maybe the marking scheme changed… number of people failing did reduce…

But I have never done things I don’t believe in… and certi ko again 6 months tak taalaaa… but december came in… and I did not want my manager to give me an ultimatum that either certification or no appraisals…. Pheww… 31st dec we had to fill in the appraisal form… so latest deadline for myself was 27th December to give the exam… as it atleast takes 2 days for the results to be out... yeah on the spot nahi aata :( ... and i did not want any entry in the "Missed Target" section that i did not give the certi...2 days padhaa…. damn my Christmas was wrecked because of this... People had studied for months together for this exam… in fact my fresher baccha party actually told me what to study .. what not to study… wat to ratoofy… lol… ratta word sunke laga main tho flunk… this is something I just cant do… for the first time I felt like I am like those people in college who fail… KT students… who ask the toppers “Yaar bata yaar kyaa aataa haii.. wohi padhungii” …. Hehehe…. 2 days I wasted (In studying ya) … gave the exam… after the xam I was in trauma for 2 days …. My expression said “What just happened”…. Hehehe

Itna gandaa paper maine life main nahi diaaa tha yaaarrr… Fir being an optimistic person maine sochaa chaloo.. top tho hameshaa kia haii.. lets get the feel of what it is like “Failing”… hehehe.. that too this failing would cost me 6000 bucks ;) hehehe….

29th Morning I got up… one voice told me… check ur mail…. As I mentioned in my last blog that these days I really hear this voice as loud as a church bell… I got up… checked my gmail account on my cell… there was a mail awaiting from “Teradata”… saying “Congrats… you have cleared Teradata Certification… you are now a Teradata Certified Professionl” …. Hehe… I just got up … ran towards my mom and hugged her… for the first time I was so happy after seeing the results… its like u were just about to meet with an accident and ur saved… Phew… this event goes in the list of my "Life’s Miracles" ;) hehehe … And also in my lifes regrets that I did something I didn’t believe in… this certification will now prove that I know Teradata tool they say... wow… only "Techies" can come up with such statements....truly... Phew… ;)

PS : Happy New Year Guys… new year and new decade too… First Blog of the season… yupieeee…. 2011… I know this year will Rock… for me and for u too ;)…. Aree baba mere instincts bahut strong hai… indeed ;) … trust me yaa… first day of the year I won’t bluff ;)

Btw blog ke title main mat jaooo… I knew 90% techies would be impressed by this… ;)
_______________________________Rashmi (1st Jan, 2011)

7 comments:

  1. hahaha .... Happy new year to you too and keep rocking whole year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Saurabh ...

    Lol... thanks waste.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey congrats , I didn't got maximum tech. part of it, but seems something really great and good for you :)
    Happy new year and enjoy your year to the fullest

    --> Ur Follower

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Anonymous...

    Opps... I tried hard to make techie tersm a lil non techie .. but kya kare... end main i am a techie too ;) ...

    Happy New Year to u too :)... Pleasure to see your comments ...

    Cheers,
    Rashmi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phew :) U passed ...Congratulation :)
    Happy new year to you too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truely a miracle na nautanki kahiki !!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete